nanowrimo day 3 - update

November 03, 2017

Hi!


W R I T T E N  T H E  D A Y  B E F O R E  I T  S T A R T E D
It's the night before it all starts; the night before my social life has to go down from small to tiny; the night before I have to show some self-control so I can get 50 000 words written in one month.

It's 21.52 (or 9.52 pm). Two hours and 8 minutes until NaNoWriMo starts in Norway. It's tempting to stay up until the clock shows 00.00 and get 500 words written down but I think I might go to bed. I'm sitting here with peaceful piano playing in the background along with the hour-long crackling of fire from my friend Netflix. It's calming and focusing.

I'm trying to write the timeline - a very vague one, but a timeline non-the-less - for my story and I can't have any distracting voices singing in my ear when I try to make up people's stories. I have left it a little late, I know, but I wasn't planning on adding a character that changes pretty much all of the story in some ways.  In other ways, though, it doesn't change anything. It's hard to explain. Before this change showed itself a week ago or so, I had a timeline written out, the beginning, middle, climax and ending all planned out... And now, that's changed.

Something I have done - as I have done the two times I have participated in NaNoWriMo is to follow a word sprint account on Twitter. It honestly helps me a lot. I haven't put notifications on yet because I'll be getting them too often. Some people have started other places in the world so the sprints are in full form. I'll turn it on tomorrow! I always turn it off when I go to bed and on when I wake up!

M Y  G O A L S
  • Write 50 000 words. Realistically, I will be very happy if I can beat my best score of 15 050 words!
  • Get ahead in the beginning. By day 7 I would love to reach 15 000 instead of 11 000.
  • Not stress too much.
  • Enjoy it.
  • Get draft one of my novel down. Or at least a part of it.


B A C K  T O  P R E S E N T  D A Y
It's day three and I'm already behind... At the moment I have written 2109 words. On day one I struggled to reach 1667 words which were my goal for the day. I managed to write 1733 words, though, on day one and I'm happy with that. Yesterday, also known as day two, I didn't do so well. I forced out 300 and something words only. I mean, it's better than nothing, but I wanted to be ahead of schedule the first week (preferably the entire month, but hey, can't have it all!). So far today - on day three - I haven't written anything. It's Friday and I might hang out with some friend later tonight, but I want to get 2000 words written today. Preferably I can write all I need so I'm ahead of schedule, but I'll wait and see what I'll manage!


How are you doing so far?  

Love, Thea.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

who am I?

My name is Thea, I'm a 19 year old girl who loves to read, write and spend way too much time on the computer. I'm a introverted, shy girl who wishes she could be more social.

welcome

welcome

Popular Posts