nanowrimo 2017

October 16, 2017

Am I doing NaNoWriMo this year??

For those who don't know: NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month which happens every November. The goal is to write the first draft (or whatever draft you happen to be on) during the month and in the end reach 50 000 words...

I did my first ever nanowrimo in 2015. I hadn't planned to do it, therefore I hadn't planned out the story I was going to write. Then, as I always do, I ended up on youtube watching writing videos and spesifically nanowrimo related videos. So I felt like doing it anyway. The problem was that I decided to do it a few days before it started. I scrambled to plan my novel and surprisingly; it went ok - the planning process!

One and a half week in I decided to stop. It was too stressful: I had exams I was stressing about and decided to stop so I wouldn't end up hating the process of writing. However, I did manage to reach a word count I was, and am, proud of. I wrote exactly 15 050 words. I wrote over 30 pages and that isn't something that happens a lot for me (I tend to get bored by the story, which I suppose just shows that that story might not be the right story...).

Even though that was far from the actual goal, I am very happy with that.

Then, 2016 came a long and once again I wasn't planning on participating because of school. Then, on November 1st, I decided to give it a go anyway... It didn't go well. Actually, it went terribly... I only wrote 2083 words... *hitting forehead* You see, after day 1 it gave me too much stress, so I stopped.

But when I decided to stop last year I told myself that next year (2017) I was going to give it a real shot (like in 2015, just even more) because I wouldn't be in school. So I have more than enough time on my hand.
I don't really know what I'm doing here (in this picture), but hey... who cares?!

I have gone a little back and forward, not sure if I'm going to bother doing it this year, (1) because I was planning on writing (almost) every single day since September but then that changed because of some health problems (I'm 98% fine now - I think) and (2) because I just didn't know if I was going to care enough to do it.

But I'm going to do it - that I have decided!

I'm going to write on the world war 2 historical fiction novel I have started. I have written almost 10 000 words on it so far, but I think I'm going to restart the draft. (OR is it draft 1.1?) I have some more ideas but I'm not sure if the ideas are a spur of the moment ideas, and if I actually like it, so I'll have to figure it out...

I'll update when I start!

Are YOU doing NaNoWriMo?? Let me know!

#nanowrimo #writing #writer

You Might Also Like

2 comments

who am I?

My name is Thea, I'm a 19 year old girl who loves to read, write and spend way too much time on the computer. I'm a introverted, shy girl who wishes she could be more social.

welcome

welcome

Popular Posts