out for a walk

October 12, 2017

Good morning/day/evening wherever you are!

A couple of days ago me and a friend decided to pack our backpacks with some food, some firewood and some hot chocolate and head into the woods near where we live and have a nice time outside.

We - my family and neighbours and friends - used to do this often on the weekends or during autumn break and so on. I have missed it too - I love being outside.

My friend and I walked to where we were going to be, only to realize I had forgotten the matches (I was 100% sure I had brought them when we walked from home) so I called my mom, who asked my sister and her friend to meet me halfway with a box of matches. At least I didn't have to walk all the way home... which, too be honest, isn't very far from where we were. I could have walked home in five minutes if I had bothered - but hey, my sister said she could, so who was I to say no thanks!
I think in the end we were out for about 4 hours - and that including a walk we went on before we decided to eat our dinner outside. Which is another thing I'm proud of myself for: I have gone for more 1-hour long walks the last 1,5 week than the last 6 months!

At one point the fire was dying so we scrambled to it and tried with all our talent to get it back alive and after about 5-10 minutes it was back alive. And then it died again.. but we did manage to get it back again, though! We might or might not have celebrated a little loud with a small scream of joy... There was no one around (except a guy and a dog a little later who scared the shit out of us..) so no got the opportunity to hear us.

It was nice to spend time outside. It was relaxing, fun and made me want to do it a few times before the snow comes. All though, I wouldn't mind doing it when the snow comes either! I'll just have to force my friends out!
Thanks to my friend who took these photos of me!

What have you been up to?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

who am I?

My name is Thea, I'm a 19 year old girl who loves to read, write and spend way too much time on the computer. I'm a introverted, shy girl who wishes she could be more social.

welcome

welcome

Popular Posts